Mind Body Arts, Inc.
Aikido of South Brooklyn and 8 Limbs Youth Yoga are part of Mind Body Arts, Inc., which was started in 2011 by Josh Paul to expand his work teaching aikido in NYC public schools and elsewhere. MBA's mission is to improve the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social well being of children, adolescents, and adults, including those with unique needs and disabilities, through the paths of yoga, aikido, and other mind-body practices. In addition to the aikido and yoga programs offered at our dojo in the Carroll Gardens/Red Hook section of Brooklyn, MBA provides customized programs for businesses and organizations, public and private schools, and individuals and small groups. Please contact us for more details.
To date, MBA has run after school programs at Brooklyn New School (spring 2013), Community Roots Charter Elementary and Middle Schools (2013-2015), and Gymies Gym (2011-2013), all in Brooklyn. Other school-based programs have included:
- PS102, Elmhurst, Queens, NY, Spring 2011 (special education)
- Robert F. Wagner, Jr. Secondary School for Arts and Technology, Long Island City, NY (Spring 2011)
- Excellence Girls Charter School, Brooklyn, NY (March-June 2011)
- Business of Sports School, New York, NY (February 2010-January 2011)
- PS M325, Harlem, NY, Spring 2010 (special education)
- PS 723x @ PS 189x, Bronx, NY, Spring 2009 (special education)
- PS 256Q, Rockaway Park, NY, Spring 2009 (non-graded school serving residents of St. John’s Residence, a residential treatment and diagnostic receiving center.)